Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day Off!!


Well---- had a great off day. Productive,fun,and good food....and a night of fear! Chris and I woke up and set out to figure out how to take our Christmas picture without anyone...so if you all get a good laugh when you see our Christmas picture that is why. Then off to eat at my favorite place...Longhorns...which by the way I might add was full of the new Alabama graduates. Ahhh seems not so long ago that was me. But yet it seems so long ago...I have done so much since I was there. Marriage, moved, new job. 
After lunch I finished up our Christmas shopping. Makes me feel so much better to have that done. Now just to wrapping. Then Chris worked on his truck while I watched Hairspray and finished the Christmas cards...which will finally be mailed out on Monday.
Chris and I were once again as always hungry...so we choose to go somewhere close...Ruby Tuesday....thus an exciting night of fear was upon us. Chris and I were sitting there...I was enjoying my Strawberry Margarita and Chris his beer and then this HUGE black guy and 2 black ladies walked in and sat in the booth behind us. From this time on Chris and I were being nosy and listening. And I might add we were the only other people on this side of the restaurant with this sketchy group. One of the ladies kept getting phone calls and on the phone she lied saying she was riding around with her "sis". Well not even 30 sec later another HUGE black man came in and began to cuss the other black guy off and oh yes it escalated to  the guy who walked in pulling a knife on the guy sitting down...i was in shock and fear. I was thinking seriously this is in the middle of a restaurant... this is not the hood. Long story short the guy put down the knife and all 4 of them left. Exciting night but at the time I was freaking out inside!
On a more Holiday...happier note. I thought I would post a pic of our tree. It of course needs more ornaments but that will come in time.
Merry Christmas!!

No comments: